Colette x ASICS Tiger
Flight of Summer
For the launch of the latest COLETTE x ASICS Tiger collaboration, we partnered with French illustrator Jean Jullien to create a product story for the new YUKATA model. The story is a re-interpretation of the Japanese Folktale "Tsuru no Ongaeshi" (A Crane's Return of a Favor). Our story "Flight of Summer" is a rite of passage about a girl who builds her armour, made from the Yukata Kimono patterns, to gain her strength as a woman and go out into the world.
The collaboration includes a teaser motion piece, a launch film, stills, a retail experience and give-away, a scarf used to wrap the box in the traditional Japanese art of Furoshiki wrapping. Illustrations by Jean Jullien, animation by Jullien Brothers and screen-printed scarves by Rowen.
- Client: ASICSTIGER EMEA
- Managing Director: Sophie Mayer
- Executive Creative Director: Leila El-Kayem
- Director Operations + Production: Alison Haly
- Brand Manager: Monica Bialobrzeski
- Creative Strategist: Thomas Eon
- Designer: Sarah Hegyesi
- Illustrator: Jean Jullien
- Animation: Jullien Brothers
- Date: October 2016