Mickey & Minnie
How do you celebrate 90 years of epic storytelling?
With a new pair of sneakers, obviously!
There’s few things more iconic than Mickey and Minnie, but the silhouettes of the MEXICO 66 and MEXICO DELEGATION sneakers are definitely 2 contenders. With such a rich design history at our disposal, and millions of fans to honour, we went back to the drawing board, pairing the simplicity of Disney’s early sketches with the unexpected and ground breaking sketches from Onitsuka Tiger. We fused classic with the modern, recreating the hands, bows and polka dots of Mickey and Minnie as backgrounds for the shoes.
The concept was then translated for social and retail, creating a bold visual world to acknowledge the legendary tale of two little mice.
- Client: Onitsuka Tiger
- Chief Executive Officer: Sophie Mayer
- Chief Creative Officer: Leila El-Kayem
- Creative Director: Gustavo Vieira-Dias
- Art Director: Sol Oh
- Business Strategy Director: Delia Ferreira
- Business Strategist: Thomas Eon
- Creative Producer: Ashley Mini
- Photographer: Alex de Brabant
- Date: March 2018